Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Arm Tied, Strapless Blouse: DIY






      Arm tied- sleeve shirts, off the shoulder shirts and off the shoulder shirts with ruffles  
are my very favorite. The older I get the more I want to cover that part of my arm. I just started to work out my upper body (A Tiny Bit) so the way I feel about my arms could change one day.
 But for now camouflaging  my arms is just fine. 
It just so happens that this DIY blouse makes a pretty forgiving shirt.
 Clothing that is forgiving is my kind of clothing, accentuating those areas you like and hiding the ones you don't. It does require basic sewing, but if you can sew a straight line than this project will be a piece of cake for you.

     I am heading to a well needed vacation soon and I really wanted a summer blouse like this to wear. I looked for about 3 weeks and  I could never find anything even close to what I wanted, so off to the design room I went and created this  shirt just for me.  

I hope you like it.





Things you need.
  •  2  and 1/2 yards of material , your choice
  • Elastic
  • Scissors
  • Sewing machine
  • Ruler
  • Chalk
  • Large Safety Pin

  •  Measure around the top of your chest make it 1.5 times that.
  • For example I measured 1 yard around so I made my material 1 1/2 yards. 
  • The length is whatever you want it to be.


  • Fold the material in half
  • Measure 4 inches in, at the top and draw a straight line to the bottom left corner.

  • Cut the material on the red line.




  • Put right sides together and sew the two sides
  •  For the sleeves cut two strips of material 9 inches wide by 1 yard long.
  • Fold in half, right sides together and sew a tube.
  • Leave one end open
  • Turn the sleeve right side out and press 
  • Sew the other end closed.
Set the sleeves aside for now 

  • Hem the top and bottom of the shirt.
  • Make sure the hem is large enough on the top for the elastic. 
  • On the top part of the shirt after you hem it be sure and leave an opening for the elastic to thread through.
  • Cut a piece of elastic the size of the upper part of your chest, where the shirt will sit.


  • Pin the elastic with the safety pin.
  • Thread it through the upper hem.
  • Sew the two pieces of elastic together.
  • Finish the hem on the top.
  • There will be two slight points on both sides of the shirt this gives it a drapery effect.
  • Hem accordingly.
  • Fold the sleeves in half.
  • Sew the sleeves on each side of the shirt on the seams



Now press and wear.
I would wash this blouse in cold water and hang dry.
My material was 







I hope you all have a beautiful weekend. 
Lots of <3!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!