Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

T-Shirt Skirt with Sequin Trim, DIY

Over the next couple of Weeks I am going to be re-posting
some of the project that I have done over the last year for other blogs,
just in case you might have missed them:)

 This re-style is something that I have been receiving a lot of emails about. 
"Please make more Skirts made from T-shirts."
So I created this quick skirt that didn't cost a fortune,
 and that could also be something you could dress up or down.
Who doesn't like a touch of sparkle?



Tutorial
Things you need.
  1. T-shirt * mine was a Medium Mens
  2. Tape
  3. Scissors
  4. Ribbon or shoestring  48 inches
  5. Sequin ribbon * Wal-mart
  6. Needle and thread

 Fold your shirt in half,
 Tape right under the arms
 Cut straight across the top of the tape.
The tape just helps me cut a straight line.
Where you cut your skirt, fold it down one inch and iron flat.
Then sew a straight line all the way around.
 I found a  black shoe string,
 but you could use a ribbon or anything you want really.
 Cut a small slit in the front middle of the channel that you sewed.
 Thread your Ribbon/String through the channel.
 you could stop here if you want, but I didn't want to.


I hand sewed the sequin ribbon all the way around the bottom of my skirt. 
It took me about 45 minutes.





Have a wonderful day!
For more fun T-shirt DIY,
 head on over to
My Pinterest Page
HERE
 Lots of <3.
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!