Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wrapped Crystals, DIY

I first saw this on Pinterest from  My Girlish Whims. (love her) 
If you like making Jewelry, you definitely need to check her out. 
I had to try it.
 Mine are just a little different than hers. I used regular beads, not tear drop, shaped beads
I wanted  little  Sparkling crystals to add  to my  necklaces, bracelets and earrings.

 Lets make some.







Tutorial 
Things you need.


  1. Crystal beads
  2. Wire
  3. Pliers
 Stick your wire through the bead and make a loop at the top.
 The wire will be different lengths depending on  the size of your bead. 
I always measure a little extra wire, then cut off the excess at the end.
 Take the other end of the wire and start wrapping the wire around the bead.


once you get to the bottom of your loop, cut off any extra wire
 and use your pliers to bend the end down
 Make a pair for earrings.


Make one to add a little sparkle to a bracelet.

or make a pendent necklace. 
Mine is green for luck.

Have a beautiful Thursday!
Lots of <3,
Anne

Linking to
Blissful and Domestic

16 comments:

  1. I thought this would be hard for me to do, but after seeing the tutorial pix, I thought "I CAN do this!" Yipee. :) Thanks for great pix and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tutorial, inspiring, too! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dianne,
      Have a fantastic day!!

      Delete
  3. Awesome and snazzy! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very comprehensive and very nice tutorial. I want to feature this tutorial one day if there is a slot available. Please feel free to share your thoughts.
    Diybeadingclub.com
    Diylessons.org
    Handmade-Jewelry-Club.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you get your wire to stay so closely to the bead? mine keeps moving around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had that, i just held it with my fingers as i wrapped it around.

      Delete
    2. And what guage wire were you using? I was using 20, perhaps I should go to 18??

      Delete
    3. I was using 20 gauge but 24 might be easier. 24 is thinner

      Delete

  6. I like it very much .crystal jewelry clear, like an innocent woman

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!